News and Events
Tasty Seafood Company Signs On for CAI’s Premium Managed IT Service
June 3, 2014 — Tasty Seafood Company, a leading provider of fresh and frozen seafood specialties to the finest restaurants, seafood establishments and distributors nationwide, has signed on to CAI’s Premier Managed IT Service.
Tasty Seafood had been using CAI’s Seasoft™ business management software for several years. During that time, the company had also contracted with CAI to support its computer network, including the business’ server and PCs, on a break-fix, as-needed basis. Bonnie Anne Paiva, credit manager for Tasty said, “In the past, we would pre-purchase a block of hours for support of our employee PCs and IT infrastructure. While this arrangement mostly worked for us, CAI recommended their Premium Managed Service and explained how this proactive, fully managed program would not only enhance our ability to secure our IT infrastructure, but would save us significantly on a month-to-month basis,” Paiva added.
CAI’s Premier Managed IT Service takes a holistic approach to helping Tasty manage and protect their IT infrastructure. As part of the service, CAI will work with Tasty to:
- Create a Customized Acceptable Use Policy (AUP)
- Establish a 60-Day Password Policy
- Evaluate Wireless Network Policies and Establish a ‘Guest Account’ to Guard Against Security Breaches
- Install Antivirus Agents for All PCs and Servers
- Establish ‘New’ and ‘Terminated' Employee Policies
- Perform Windows Active Directory Maintenance
- Create Internal Group Policies for Critical Documents
- Evaluate Data Backup Procedures & Centralized Repository
- Evaluate Existing Disaster Recovery Plans
- Install Agents on PCs and Servers for Remote Management
- Perform Site Survey and Provide Recommendations
- Provide Help Desk Contact Information to All Employees
- Conduct Quarterly Review Meetings with Key Staff
About CAI Managed IT Services
CAI Managed IT is a full-service information technology (IT) support company. We specialize in helping small and medium size businesses maximize the value of their IT investments. Our full suite of enterprise-level managed IT services help eliminate IT issues before they cause expensive downtime, and we do it with an infrastructure needed to keep our prices affordable and our clients up and running. The company specializes in Managed IT Support, Servers & Desktops, Network Design, Installation and Support, Data Backup & Disaster Recovery, Cyber-security Services, Cloud Computing and Infrastructure Solutions, Server Virtualization Services and more. For more information, visit www.caiservice.com.